Christopher had his first basketball game for the season on Saturday. Christopher's team decided to play in a league in the twin city of ours. It is suppose to be a little more competitive than the league we played in last year. The boys did a great job! I kept Daniel informed of the game through text messaging. They won their first game. Here are a couple of pictures I took. The pictures are from my cell phone so the quality is not that good.
Christopher is in the middle in the brown trying to get the ball away.
Christopher was fouled and shooting his free throws.
Most of my Sunday was spent getting Christopher and Kevin's science fair project board completed. Christopher is finding the exact sweet spot of his bat and Kevin is doing a bubble blowing project. Here are a few pictures going on their display boards.
Then the sad part of my weekend is saying good-bye to my 17 year old cat. He has not passed away yet but is truly hanging on to his last breath. If there was a vet open today I would have taken him because I have to let go. The boys have talked to him today and told him they love him and would miss him. I held him for a long time today reminding him of all the fun we have had over the years. I know this sounds crazy but this cat has been at the door greeting the boys home from school and following me around the house for years.
Ribbie has been going down over the last few months and the last couple of days wouldn't eat or drink. And his breathing was very labored. I woke up this morning not expecting him to be with us today. He is just lifeless. This cat has been through everything with Daniel and I. We got him in Palm Bay, Florida when Daniel was playing with the Marlins. He has lived everywhere with us. Daniel and I have been married for 18 years and he has been a part of 17 of it. He has seen 3 children come home for the first time, he has seen many animals come and go from our family. He has listened to my worries and my victories over the years (and he never argued back!). He was truly more of a dog than a cat. He loved to be in your lap and to be where you were. As much as I hate to see him go, I know it is time. I have been praying for my one word, PEACE. Well, I have Peace with Ribbie passing away. A peace I did not have yesterday. I was calling Daniel asking for help. He walked next door to our business neighbors that is a Veterinarian Hospital but they were closed. So we are waiting until tomorrow to take him. But I don't think he is going to make it through the night to take him. I love this cat with all my heart and will truly miss him.
By the way, Daniel's One Word is PREPARE. He is going to prepare himself to be a more Christlike man, prepare his family for the spiritual battle we are in, he is going to prepare ahead of time (which he doesn't like to do). Daniel has never been big on details. This is what balances us out. I worry too much about details. But he is going to Prepare more, which will involve more details in his life. So please continue to pray for my one word, PEACE as well as praying Daniel's one word, PREPARE.
The next picture is a picture of Gracee and Ribbie. Gracee and the rest of us will truly miss our family member and friend, Ribbie!!!!!









0 comments:
Post a Comment