CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Start to Spring Break

Spring Break is off to an exhausting but fun start! Christopher began our Spring Break off on Friday evening with a baseball tournament that lasted until Sunday. There were 20 teams from Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi playing in the tournament. We came out in 3rd place with two Texas teams battling it out for first. The team that eliminated us from the tournament won the championship. They were a team out of Houston and they were really good! After the tournament Christopher's team moved up to 1st in the state of Louisiana and 25th in the country.

On Saturday morning, Christopher pitched a shut out with only 60 pitches and gave up only 2 hits. I was exhausted after that game watching him pitch. Then Andrew pitched on Monday. I again felt the nerves while he pitched too! I am really struggling with the nerves when my boys pitch. I have not been very good at just giving it to God. At this age you never know how they are going to be when they walk out on the mound. Are they going to be on or off that day??? And Andrew's baseball has become so serious. He was in front of a home crowd with a varsity coach there watching. Andrew did a great job! And God and I were definitely talking during every pitch. I filled my head with the verse Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I have to fill my head with a verse instead of worry! Andrew pitched great and they won 5-1!

Here are my boys this weekend making me nervous!



Kevin had a basketball game in the middle of the baseball weekend. I rushed him to his game between games on Saturday. They did not win their game but they sure looked cute :)

On Friday after Christopher's baseball game, we all got in bed and ready for a good night sleep before Christopher's 8am Saturday game. However, Daniel goes to put the dogs up and finds water all over our kitchen floor. Our refrigerator/freezer had gone out. We quickly moved everything to our old refrigerator/freezer and saved a few items. Daniel didn't have time to look at it over the weekend between baseball and work. So on Monday before Andrew's game and his day off, Daniel did a lot of research and figured out what was wrong with our refrigerator. He went and bought a new mother board for it and changed it out! Such a handy guy!!! I have to put a side note in here that he had just repaired our dryer a few weeks before. He took the dryer apart and found a broken piece and replaced it. He saved us tons of money by repairing the two appliances himself. Here are a couple of pictures of him repairing the refrigerator/freezer.



The refrigerator/freezer works like new now and is very clean!

Today has been a little bit more slow pace. The boys have been outside playing with neighbors and Andrew has been helping my parents catch up on their yard and some projects. He has been so busy with baseball that we haven't seen much of Andrew these days. He actually has a break from baseball today. He will then have practice on Wednesday and Thursday. Daniel is at work and I am catching up on housework. All in all it has been a good start to our Spring Break just a little exhausting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment