CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Holiday Survival Tips

Thanksgiving Break is fast approaching and the kids will be home ALL DAY! If you are going on a trip what will you do to keep them occupied in the car? If you are home, what will you do each day to keep the "I'm Bored!" statements away?



If you would like to be IN THE ZONE this holiday season, go to http://www.453zone.com/ and sign up for my newsletters. Don't be ZONED OUT this Thanksgiving Break. I have some great survival tips and recipes.



Don't forget to post some of your ideas for the holiday season!



Have a Blessed Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We will be at home for Thanksgiving Break. I haven't thought about what we are doing yet. . . I'm just surviving the week of tests and projects. I am going to visit your website. We have company coming over and I am going to rent an inflatable and popcorn machine so the kids will have something to do and stay outside while I visit with my friends. I haven't seen them in a long time and it will be nice to catch up on life. Thanks for the reminder that I needed to think about the break. I usually think about what to do after the kids have said "I'm bored" way too many times. I'm not going to be ZONED OUT now! By the way, since you are a former teacher and mom of 3 do you have handy a kid friendly snack that I can serve the kids and look like Mrs. Suzy Homemaker?

In The Zone Momma! said...

Hey Susan, Thanks for the rental! I do have some fun recipes. Since you are renting the popcorn machine I thought you would enjoy these recipes:

NACHO POPCORN
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
10 cups popcorn
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Add the spices to the melted butter and stir until blended. Toss the popcorn in a large bowl with the butter mixture and the Parmesan cheese until well-blended. Store in an airtight container if not eaten immediately. Yield: 12 servings

POPCORN BALLS
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup margarine
2 teaspoons cold water
2 5/8 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup marshmallows
5 quarts plain popped popcorn
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn syrup, margarine, cold water, confectioners' sugar and marshmallows. Heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Carefully combine the hot mixture with the popcorn, coating each kernel.
Grease hands with vegetable shortening and quickly shape the coated popcorn into balls before it cools. Wrap with cellophane or plastic wrap and store at room temperature.

Hope these recipes help. These recipes are also great for getting the kids involved! Happy eating!!!

Post a Comment