CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Field Trips

I have had a great time with Christopher and Kevin on their Christmas field trips this month. On Wednesday, December 3rd I went to the Christmas Tree Farm to help Kevin's class cut down a tree. The children all got a turn sawing the tree. After the tree came tumbling down the children began pulling the tree to the truck. I have been on the same field trip with Andrew and Christopher - usually the dads take the tree to the truck. Not this year with this class! The Montessori way (independent and do it yourself) was definitely in these children. These preschoolers were definitely IN THE ZONE! It was a wonderful experience and I am truly blessed I was able to be there.




Kevin and his buddy, Quint.

Kevin and Mrs. King cutting down their class tree.


Look at those preschoolers work!


Then the next day on Thursday, December 4th I went to the Greening of the Tree with Christopher's 3rd grade class. They made ornaments at school and then decorated a Christmas tree at the Louisiana State Museum. The theme was Louisiana Bs. They made butterflies, bees, and the state bird (pelican). Several schools in our parish participated. Our school won 3rd place. . . they were IN THE ZONE!


Bronson, Christopher and Will getting ready for their field trip.


Check out Mrs. Hobson's third grade reindeers!


Christopher is putting his ornament on their class tree.



Our tree that won 3rd place!


Third grade moms are having a great outing at the Louisiana State Museum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment