CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful for Prayer!

This has been a week of worrying about friends and family with sick children. I am just overwhelmed with emotions for these parents and children. I am thankful that they came through their surgeries and they are on the road to recovery. Both children will have to go through treatment to completely heal.

At the beginning of the school year, I had started going to a prayer group on Wednesday nights. We are reading the book, The Power of a Praying Parent. I have been so convicted on praying for my children in EVERY area of their life. The book explains how our children need us to be their prayer warriors. I am keeping a prayer journal. I am writing down specific prayers and praises from evident answers to my prayers. Some prayers are being answered just not in my timing. It has been great knowing and trusting that God is taking care of my children and I am not alone in protecting and caring for them. Through this study I have been reminded that God loves my children more than me. And that's a lot of love! I am praying for every area in their life!!! My prayers have turned into long conversations with God.

I would love for you to join me in reading The Power of a Praying Parent and praying for our children.

While you pray for your children, please add these two 7 year old boys to your prayers.

Marshall McCollum is a sweet friend and first grader that lives here in Shreveport. Marshall began having troubling symtoms in August. After numerous visits to doctors and many, many tests, they found a small tumor near his pituitary stalk several weeks ago. Marshall has undergone a neurosurgery to biopsy the tumor. The doctors are currently determining what other course of treatment will be necessary. In order to help with impending medical costs, tickets are being sold for a catfish dinner to go. Here are the details on Marshall's Night Out.
Save the Date
Marshall's Night Out
Please join us for a Catfish Dinner
December 7, 2011
4-7pm pick up time
Shaver's Catering (Youree & Ockley)
*all proceed will go the the McCollum Family*
$10 per plate

If you cannot join us for dinner and would still like to help, donations may be made to "Marshall McCollum Medical Fund" at The Firefighter Credit Union. You can check up on Marshall and his family at www.caringbridge.org/visit/marshallmccollum
David Robinson is our seven year old nephew that was just diagnosed this week with kidney and lung cancer. He has undergone surgery to remove his kidney and adrenal gland and receive a porta-cath for future chemotherapy treatments. Our David is like David in the bible in that he fights a giant. David Robinson fights the giant called Down Syndrome. He is a great warrior and a special gift to our family! Please help our family pray for David's healing, wisdom for the doctors and peace, strength and comfort for his family and friends. God has used David in numerous ways and continues to through this battle of cancer. You can check up on David and his family at
http://www.sweetlifewithboys.blogspot.com/


Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 John 3:22
And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment