Well we survived our camping trip! We had a blast being together and enjoyed the simple things in life. We played games, road bikes, fished, played in the campfire and went boating. Just enjoyed having slow paced days with no schedule.
Daniel caught a fish and the boys cleaned it and fried it. We found the part to the stove we had lost. However it was fun cooking with the campfire the first night.
We didn't watch tv for two days. We all cooked together. We all ate together. We all built a fire. We played games together. We went looking for deer together. We all talked while laying in bed. We all enjoyed the morning air and talking about what we were going to do together that day. Camping was all about being together before our crazy schedules begin on Monday.
I am going to be sad when the boys go back to school on Monday. I love the holidays and getting to slow down. As we bring in the new year tonight I am longing for more togetherness! Hopefully we can slow down in 2012 for more Uno and Phase 10 games and more activities with quality family time. I try not to think too much about my boys growing up so fast. But reality is Andrew begins driving with a learner's permit in 3 1/2 months and goes off to college in a little over three years. In 5 months Andrew finishes his first year of high school, Christopher finishes his first year of middle school and Kevin heads to second as a reader and becomes such a big boy everyday. I just can't believe they have grown up so much. But I realized this trip just how much. On this trip I didn't have to worry about Kevin like I have in the past. Andrew can set up the camper and Christopher was such a helper. I'm so proud to be a mom of these three boys! And a wife to Daniel who is such a Godly role model for our boys.
Happy New Year! As the fireworks go crazy as it turns midnight, I cherish my 2011 with my family! It has not always been easy. In fact there have been some really difficult times but we survived those times TOGETHER!




Daniel caught a fish and the boys cleaned it and fried it. We found the part to the stove we had lost. However it was fun cooking with the campfire the first night.
We didn't watch tv for two days. We all cooked together. We all ate together. We all built a fire. We played games together. We went looking for deer together. We all talked while laying in bed. We all enjoyed the morning air and talking about what we were going to do together that day. Camping was all about being together before our crazy schedules begin on Monday.
I am going to be sad when the boys go back to school on Monday. I love the holidays and getting to slow down. As we bring in the new year tonight I am longing for more togetherness! Hopefully we can slow down in 2012 for more Uno and Phase 10 games and more activities with quality family time. I try not to think too much about my boys growing up so fast. But reality is Andrew begins driving with a learner's permit in 3 1/2 months and goes off to college in a little over three years. In 5 months Andrew finishes his first year of high school, Christopher finishes his first year of middle school and Kevin heads to second as a reader and becomes such a big boy everyday. I just can't believe they have grown up so much. But I realized this trip just how much. On this trip I didn't have to worry about Kevin like I have in the past. Andrew can set up the camper and Christopher was such a helper. I'm so proud to be a mom of these three boys! And a wife to Daniel who is such a Godly role model for our boys.
Happy New Year! As the fireworks go crazy as it turns midnight, I cherish my 2011 with my family! It has not always been easy. In fact there have been some really difficult times but we survived those times TOGETHER!












0 comments:
Post a Comment