Ok being a baseball mom can be scary sometimes. We are going home from Minden right now. We lost our first game in district play. We play again tomorrow. We have to win to stay in the tournament. While Christopher was pitching tonight he took a linedrive in the chest. Very scary!!!!! Even Daniel went running towards the gate. I didn't go on the field but so wanted to. It hit his finger on his pitching hand as he put it up to stop the ball. He is fine but gave us a scare. Go figure he is more worried about his pitching hand than chest. Here is a picture of his chest right after the game. I'm sure it will be real pretty and colorful tomorrow.
![]()
I have been bugging our Dixie league president to get a defibrillator for the ballpark. I have heard of horror stories of kids getting hit in the chest and their heart stopping. Christopher use to wear a heart guard in pitching machine. I asked him if he wanted to wear it again. He was all up for wearing it! And I will pursue the defibrillator and see if a local doctor will donate one. If not I see a fundraiser in my future.
0 comments:
Post a Comment