I really had a hard time coming up with my One Word for 2012. I have hung on to the word PEACE for so long and it has given me so much comfort in 2011. I prayed and prayed for God to give me a new word to pray for 2012. Right before Christmas, Daniel and I went on a prayer journey about being in God's will for our personal and business life. Wow! That was a whirlwind of events after really asking God if we were in His will. Watch what you pray for! You have to be truly ready to hear and see where God leads you. Without going into a lot of details, God has had to bring us to our knees for us to see the path he wants us on. It was mentally exhausting finding our way! But when we realized the path he wanted us on we found a renewing of our heart and mind.
Daniel and I are taking on a new path with our work schedules. Daniel has an opportunity outside of our family business that makes so much sense for him pursue! And I have peace that only could come from God. The day God brought us to our knees (really wanting to know His will and feeling lost in our pursue of direction), this opportunity came open for Daniel. God had this for him all along, we just needed to ask. So often there are new blessings that God wants to give us but we just need to simply ask. But God also had to have our hearts and mind renewed and ready for this new opportunity. Which that readiness came through the storms and trials of the past 6 years :) This opportunity is not something that Daniel normally would pursue. But we know God lead him to this new opportunity for a reason and we are walking in Faith!
Going all the way back to 2005, Daniel and I have been trying to figure out the path that God wanted us on. We have been faithful for the last six years trying to pray and be in His will. There were many times that I have asked God, "Did you forget about me?" I know that is not the Christian thing to ask God but it is my human body not understanding why God didn't deliver us from satan's accusers and storms God continually allowed us to go through. Two years ago, when we thought we were on the road of recovery from the bondage of past mistakes and the revenge of satan's accusers, we were spiritually attacked AGAIN! We were on our knees as a family praying for God to win a battle we were in. The outcome was not what we prayed for. But looking back, if God would have answered our prayers our way, we would not have our family business and would be in the bondage of a different career. We are always watching our backs for more spiritual attacks. What we have learned is there is always going to be attacks from satan and those that allow satan to work through them. We just have to be equipped for the spiritual battle. And our answer to the problem is not always what is best. The storms that Daniel and I have gone through have strenthened us and renewed our mind. I tell people God moved me from point A to point B. And it was a hard journey to go through but I am so glad I am at point B now and never want to be at point A again.
At point A (the years prior to October 2005) I was a Christian and knew that Jesus was my Savior. But at point B, I am a renewed Christian! I now know how to access the power Jesus gave me. When Jesus died on the cross, He gave me the power over the enemy. "Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you." Luke 10:19 I now have a better relationship with my Heavenly Father and a better understanding of how He speaks to me. I also have learned that my way is not always good for me. I know that I do not want to do anthing that is not in His will. I only want to go down the path that he has laid out for me. That path may not be easy but God knows exactly where I am headed and sometimes has to prepare me before I can reach the blessings He wants to give me.
Daniel and I have been on a six year long journey of waiting and walking in faith. Sometimes you come to a fork in the road and you don't know which way to go. Simply ask God. If you ask to be in His will, He will reveal it to you. He will open and close doors and you will know! Then you trust that where your go is where God wanted you . Even through the good and bad because you asked and listened! You may not enjoy the journey. In fact, the journey might be hard at times. But you find the blessings and mercies through the trials. And you get a better understanding of how God speaks to you.
God is slowing revealing his new plan for us and showing us why life for the past six years had to have storms in it. We are beginning to see pieces of the rainbow after the storm. The truth that we have learned is that the storms make us stronger, more dependent on God and prepare us for His blessings and the perfect Will for our life.
So my new One Word for 2012 is NEW!
I am going to begin by praying to let go of the past and the past hurts from satan's accusers. I am going to continue to renew my heart and mind through God's word so I can let go of things out of my control. It is so comforting to know I can hand over my troubles to God. I will remember the blessings of today and the promises of tomorrow. Each tomorrow is a NEW day and beginning!
Here a couple of the truths I will cling to in 2012.
Isaiah 43 18-19
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 40:31
"but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
New Year
New Joys
Renewing of the Heart and Mind
New Memories
New Mercies
New Grace
New Energy
New Start
Here are a couple of songs that lead me into 2012!
Stay Strong by the Newsboys
Before The Morning by Josh Wilson







0 comments:
Post a Comment