I am excited that Andrew's all star games finally started. Christopher played 18 all star games before Andrew's ever started. They won their first game against Haughton and they lost last night to Ruston. When Andrew played 10 year old all stars, Ruston was the team to beat in his age group (Christopher's age group it's Bossier). So the game last night was pretty much going to tell who is going to win the state title. We were losing the game 8 - 1 in the 4th then tied it up in the 5th. Then we lost it in the 6th. Ruston had a couple of good hits and then someone hit a homerun. We went from sad, happy to really sad in this game. But wow it was a great game!
That feeling in your stomach wanting them to win is that baseball game thrill that we love so. Last night there was a point in the game that I couldn't sit in my chair to watch anymore. I had to move around. I remember feeling that knot in my stomach when Daniel played college and professional and now I'm feeling it for my children. Pretty cool to see Daniel out there coaching our children and getting to enjoy the game with them. Real life has it's struggles & pressures - it's great that you can escape into a great game with your family. We have game nights (we love UNO) at the house but we also enjoy our game nights together at the ballpark!
Here are a few pictures from last night's game. Shreveport vs. Ruston
That feeling in your stomach wanting them to win is that baseball game thrill that we love so. Last night there was a point in the game that I couldn't sit in my chair to watch anymore. I had to move around. I remember feeling that knot in my stomach when Daniel played college and professional and now I'm feeling it for my children. Pretty cool to see Daniel out there coaching our children and getting to enjoy the game with them. Real life has it's struggles & pressures - it's great that you can escape into a great game with your family. We have game nights (we love UNO) at the house but we also enjoy our game nights together at the ballpark!
Here are a few pictures from last night's game. Shreveport vs. Ruston
We pray and give thanks even though we lost. All these boys love God and praise him for their safety and the ability to play the game. This is what it is all about - Give Glory to God in everything you do!






0 comments:
Post a Comment