Here is an updated article on the First Baptist Church of Shreveport bus wreck. It is hard for us to understand how God could let something like this happen. Many will question Him. But this is where faith comes in that God has a perfect will for each of our lives. We can not begin to know what all this is about. "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5 We have to trust God and lean on Him for peace, comfort and strength.
As a mom, the news of the bus wreck made me immediately think of the parents. All I could think of is how many times in the last couple of years I have put Andrew on a bus. My heart just sinks when I think of those parents when they heard the news. I receive comfort in knowing that God was with each one of the passengers on that bus. Not all the time but this time God gave us clear evidence He was there: The National Guard bus He had traveling directly behind the church bus. The bus full of National Guard had just been trained on rollover accidents. Wow! God had it all in his hands. I am praying for the families and friends of the injured and the family and friends of Brandon Ugarte. Brandon was an 8th grader at Andrew's school last year.
Andrew had another child from his school die during the school year. With these tragic accidents, Andrew and I have talked a lot about trusting in God and knowing He has a plan for each of us. We can not live our lives in fear of what could happen. We are growing in our faith together. As a mom with three children, I have had to learn to put so much faith in God and that He will protect my children when I can not. Then something like this happens. Thank goodness I have God's Word to remind me of His perfect will and trust it. Again, we can not trust in our own understanding and we have to have faith. Not easy stuff for a 12 year old or a mom of three precious boys. This is why I continue to study God's Word, Worship Him and Praise Him. As my relationship grows closer to God the more I learn about Him and how to trust Him. I pray for others that do not know Jesus Christ as their Saviour that the will reach out for Him. That they will grow closer to God so they can have peace, comfort and strength for tragic situations and praises for the blessings.
http://www.abpnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4228&Itemid=53
pictures - these pictures make it so real for me. My heart goes out to these families. They are going to need continuous prayer from all of us. It will take a long time for them to heal emotionally and physically. I pray that they find strength and peace.
http://toomsubafire.org/churchbuswreck071209.html
As a mom, the news of the bus wreck made me immediately think of the parents. All I could think of is how many times in the last couple of years I have put Andrew on a bus. My heart just sinks when I think of those parents when they heard the news. I receive comfort in knowing that God was with each one of the passengers on that bus. Not all the time but this time God gave us clear evidence He was there: The National Guard bus He had traveling directly behind the church bus. The bus full of National Guard had just been trained on rollover accidents. Wow! God had it all in his hands. I am praying for the families and friends of the injured and the family and friends of Brandon Ugarte. Brandon was an 8th grader at Andrew's school last year.
Andrew had another child from his school die during the school year. With these tragic accidents, Andrew and I have talked a lot about trusting in God and knowing He has a plan for each of us. We can not live our lives in fear of what could happen. We are growing in our faith together. As a mom with three children, I have had to learn to put so much faith in God and that He will protect my children when I can not. Then something like this happens. Thank goodness I have God's Word to remind me of His perfect will and trust it. Again, we can not trust in our own understanding and we have to have faith. Not easy stuff for a 12 year old or a mom of three precious boys. This is why I continue to study God's Word, Worship Him and Praise Him. As my relationship grows closer to God the more I learn about Him and how to trust Him. I pray for others that do not know Jesus Christ as their Saviour that the will reach out for Him. That they will grow closer to God so they can have peace, comfort and strength for tragic situations and praises for the blessings.
http://www.abpnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4228&Itemid=53
pictures - these pictures make it so real for me. My heart goes out to these families. They are going to need continuous prayer from all of us. It will take a long time for them to heal emotionally and physically. I pray that they find strength and peace.
http://toomsubafire.org/churchbuswreck071209.html






0 comments:
Post a Comment