CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Andrew Pitching Videos

Last night, Andrew's high school freshman baseball team scrimmaged the JV baseball team. Andrew got to pitch! There are 28 freshman players so when you touch the field, it is a big deal :) Daniel was with Christopher at golf practice so I filmed Andrew pitching for Daniel to see. Andrew has a different delivery than the other pitchers on his team. He throws with a side arm motion. This motion puts a different spin on the ball and makes it move. Andrew has always thrown (just throwing not neccesarily pitching) side arm and Daniel never changed him. It is now paying off. No one scored on Andrew!   But we have also learned that a pitcher is only as good as the defense behind him. Our defense did a great job. 


The last batter you see Andrew pitching to is a junior and a great hitter. Andrew looks a little wild pitching to him but that was on purpose. Andrew didn't want to put it down the middle for him to hit. I questioned his pitching with this batter and asked why he was a little off with him. He replied, "You don't want to put it down the middle for him to slam." Daniel wasn't a pitcher and I am learning the ins and outs of pitching :) I obviously need a few more lessons on this concept. Hope you enjoy the videos.



0 comments:

Post a Comment