CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

Written Earlier and didn't get to finish:

Right now I am sitting at the golf course waiting on Christopher to finish his middle school golf team tryouts. Andrew was on this golf team the last three years and Christopher followed him around many times watching from the golf cart. It is so strange seeing Christopher out there with Andrew's old teammates. Daniel took Christopher after school yesterday and got a refresher course in golf. He hasn't played golf since this summer.

Andrew is at a student council meeting and then will head to baseball practice. He has his first high school baseball scrimmage on Thursday. I can't wait! They will be scrimmaging a team that has alot of Andrew's old teammates.

Kevin and I just finished his homework while at the golf course. We are utilizing our time :) This morning Daniel and my dad worked at The Zone so I could go to Kevin's school book fair. Here is a cute pic of Kevin and his friend enjoying their new books. They are sitting in the hall waiting on their classmates to finish. This is Kevin's sweet friend that is in his class and lives in our neighborhood. Kevin actually spent the night out with him Friday after they attended a church event together. That was Kevin's first time to spend the night away with someone other than my parents. I think Christopher is the one that had a hard time realizing Kevin was old enough to be at a friend's house overnight. Christopher is use to Kevin always being at home to play with.

I then headed back to work and finished up a few projects. After that I headed home to clean and get ready for everyone when they get home tonight. I am trying to make this Tuesday better than the last when I had my meltdown :)



Post for this evening:

This afternoon Daniel took Andrew to baseball practice. On their way, they stopped to get Andrew a drink for practice. While there a lady asked if they would help her air up her tire. After Daniel checked out the tire, he saw that the tire was ruined. So Daniel and Andrew changed the tire. Come to find out she was my first high school principal at Magnet High. She was so appreciative! Andrew was a little late to baseball practice but the coach completely understood :)

I love my devotional book I got from a coworker from when I went back to teach a couple of years ago. We use to joke about how we think the pages jump around so we can read exactly what God knows we need for that day. I LOVE today's devotional. I can't wait for Daniel to come home and share it with him. We always get laughs out of how appropriate our devotional is for the day. We can not even begin to explain how God has guided us during our dating and married life. We have had one amazing journey together. From dating in college when we were just babes :), to traveling around playing professional baseball (beginning the day we got back from our honeymoon), to having three boys, and some crazy spiritual warfares through our careers! We have definitely grown in our relationship with each other and most importantly our relationship with God. Life is definitely not always easy and we are tired! But we are walking in faith with Daniel's new job and our new schedules. Check out our devotion for today!

Come to Me for rest and refreshment. The journey has been too much for you, and you are bone weary. Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion. Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life.


Remember that I can fit everything into a pattern for good, including the things you wish were different. Start with where you are at this point in time and space, accepting that this is where I intend you to be. You will get through today one step, one moment at a time. your main responsibility is to remain attentive to Me, letting Me guide you though the many choices along your pathway.

This sounds like an easy assignment, but it is not. Your desire to live in My Presence goes against the grain of “the world, the flesh and the devil.” Much of your weariness results from your constant battle against these opponents. However, you are on the path of My choosing, so do not give up! Hope in Me, for you will again praise Me for the help of My Presence.

We are assured and know that God being a partner in their labor all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. ~Romans 8:28


Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.
~Psalm 42:11

I have been so tired lately with this new schedule. My body is slowly adjusting but I am still tired. I came home from work today and cleaned and then decided to rest  for about 30 minutes before I headed out to get the boys. I actually dosed off and had a quick catnap. I never do that! It was heavenly!!!

A much better Tuesday!!!! It is 7pm and Kevin is in bed!!!! Christopher had all his homework completed before I picked him up from school (some completed at school and some completed over the weekend). After his golf tryouts, I took Christopher and Kevin to Newks for soup, salad and sandwiches. We got Daniel a to-go box and took him dinner at church. Andrew is still at baseball practice. Daniel will bring him home when he gets off work. So for now Christopher is in his room playing the drums, Kevin is reading his new books from the book fair in his bed and I am enjoying blogging about our peaceful evening!!!!

It's been a Thankful Tuesday and I am so thankful for the guidance and strength God has provided today!


0 comments:

Post a Comment