CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Don't Camouflage Your Love

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Boys, Boys and Boys!

This week has been all about my boys! We have had lots of boy activities from sports to school events on top of Valentine's activities. And Christopher had lots of studying to do. He had a science final on the periodic table, elements and balancing equations plus a project on elements due. He also had an English final on the book, The Door In The Wall. This book goes along with the Renaissance period that he is studying in Social Studies.

I am the PTSA Teacher Treat chairman for Christopher's school. Monday, I  had our Valentine's treat for the teachers so I was at the middle school morning and afternoon making sure the food was set out and cleaned up. Then that evening Kevin and I finished up his Valentine's for his classmates and went to Christopher basketball game.

On Tuesday, I was at Kevin's school for his Valentine Lunch.

On Wednesday, I was at Andrew's high school helping serve 150 faculty and staff a breakfast. I took three sausage egg casseroles. I was at the school by 7am and left at 9am. I then went across the street to a bakery to meet some high school baseball moms for a meeting about a baseball pep rally.

Then Thursday, I woke up sick! I am fighting some kind of cold. I am so ready to feel better and get on a treadmill to do some sweating!!! Thursday Daniel and my dad worked at The Zone and left me in bed sleeping. I love doing for my boys and volunteering to help at their schools but everything fell into one week and zapped me. I really did enjoy the week and seeing my boys smile.

On Friday, Andrew had a baseball game. Daniel had an event to work at the church so he didn't make it to the game. However, I did send great texts keeping him up on the status of the game.

Today, we ALL got to sleep in!!!! I feel a little better and the boys are all a little more rested too. We have been taking it easy on this rainy day. Christopher had an afternoon basketball game that got a little heated.

Here is our week in some pictures. The necklace is my Valentine's present from Daniel. It is a James Avery faith bead and a frog charm. I love the symbol of a frog. My classroom use to be Robinson's Rainforest with frogs as my mascot. F.R.O.G means Fully Rely On God. Which we are really trying to do in every area of our life. The flower is from Christopher. He surprised me when he got off the bus on Tuesday. He bought the flower at school. He melted my heart with the thought of him buying a flower for me at school and keeping up with it. Love that boy!


Here we are at Kevin's Valentine Lunch. We closed The Zone early on this day. We were not going to miss a lunch with our only child that we can still go eat with. Middle school and high school are not an option for eating lunch anymore :( Middle school has one lunch a year for parents to come to.


I have to brag on Daniel here. He has been working hard on watching what he eats. He has lost 10 pounds over the past two weeks. Yay Daniel!
Here is my continuously growing high schooler. I am constantly buying this child blue jeans. He came to me the other day and asked if he had a red rash on his legs. It was stretch marks. He is growing so much he is stretching his skin!!!! Andrew did great pitching! And he is loving high school baseball. Check out his hair coming out the back of his hat. He has let his hair grow out some. Over the past year his hair has gotten curlier and curlier :)









The next pictures are Christopher playing some hoops. This game just about did my momma nerves in. The game was a close game and with some unclassy yelling from fans. Christopher was guarding this one kid the whole game. The kid started getting an attitude with Christopher. Then the kid called Christopher a name that was not so nice. A word that I don't even like to spell or say. Christopher stopped and asked the referee if he heard what he just called him. The referee then threw Christopher and the other player out of the game. That's when all the fun (really not so fun) events began to happen! I was so proud of how Daniel calmly walked over and demanded an explanation. Then other directors were called to come over to this gym. Nothing was resolved except they said they were being too aggressive. Not feeling like justice was served in this game and the referees took the easiest way out and threw both children out of the game. But the momentum changed and our team got mad. We won the game!!!! Christopher went home with a teammate and is going to see a Star Wars movie tonight. Glad he had something fun planned after the game and didn't have to dwell on that ugly game. Here are some pictures of Christopher's game. Sorry there are so many but they tell the story :)

The kid holding Christopher's arm is the one that called Christopher a name and was aggressive with him the whole game.







 This kid is really trying to get at Christopher.



 Here is where Christoher is trying to tell the referee about this kid and what he jsut said to him. Christopher had already put up with alot from him.
 Now Christopher is thrown out of the game and Daniel is calmly trying to find out why.
 The referee told the director he would explain later :(
 Daniel keeping Christopher company on the bench while waiting for an explanation



Christopher at the end of the game cheering on his team after they won the game!

Good night to a long but exciting week of boys, boys and boys! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment